Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday: Arrival in Busan (부산)

We landed in Seoul (Inchon)  on time. A young lady met me with a wheelchair and took me to the next gate. She bypassed immigration (입 국) which I didn't understand. I assumed I'd go through immigration on arrival, and it seemed the way the system worked one could slip past immigration, but I asked twice and she was firm that I was a transfer, and she was right. I had an hour wait for the Pusan flight, which stretched to almost two with delays before boarding and then on the tarmac. 

A short flight during which I slept briefly, and we were in Busan. Again I was met by a very polite young lady (none of them look strong enough to push me and a heavy backpack) who took charge of me through immigration (including a photo and photo fingerprints) and customs. On the other side of immigration Geoffrey was waiting for me. We got a cell phone (010-6884-2875) and then went to the car. On the way home I warned Geoffrey I'd spend the next three weeks marveling at how different Korea is ("get used to it!). 

He took me on a brief tour of the neighborhood, showing me where things I'd want to get to in the morning are (ATM, restaurants, drug store). He carried all my stuff in.  I had a problem getting my CPAP machine to work. It turned out the problem was that the adapter didn't fit tightly and Geoffrey went out to get some rubber string to tie it in to the power strip securely. Sleep is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment