Friday, October 26, 2012

Saturday, Day Eighteen: Back to Changwon

The new Seoul station
Woke up early and am feeling OK. Mostly it is my shoulder that hurts. Had breakfast with Greg and Frank, then went back to my room and packed. I was out by 11:00 and passed Elliot and Cathy in the lobby and said our good-byes. I took a taxi  to Seoul Station in the rain.
A Benidictine nun in Seoul station
I had made a reservation on line Thursday at the hotel but had to pickup the ticket, which I did. I then had to stand around for two hours.The bags are damn heavy and my left shoulder hurts when I use it so that is a problem. I saw a Catholic nun and have seen the habit before so I asked her what her order is (some kind of Benedictine) and asked permission to take a picture, which she granted after I explained why. I then saw Elliot and Cathy again. They are going to GyeongJu. 

On the train I asked solders to put my big suitcase in the over seat rack, and in Changwon to get it down for me. I read Little Pilgrim, watched the scenery, slept, and several times prayed thanks to God last night wasn't worse. Geoffrey met me at the station. 

After getting settled we went out for dinner thinking to find an eel place but never did. After driving all over, including through the tunnel to West Busan and back, we ended up at a duck place. It was a very nice meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment