Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sunday, Day Twelve: Seoul Meeting with Geoffrey

Seoul Friends Meeting

Geoffrey and I went down for breakfast with Don and Elliot. Gerry joined us later. We then went down to the street and caught a cab to Meeting. The cabbie got us close but we had to call Tom for final directions. Geoffrey found it. We were about twenty minutes early and talked to a woman while we waited.  


Friend to the left is a celebrity radical.
There were about sixteen in attendance and, as Tom suggested would be the case, it was all Koreans.  I spent mist of the Meeting holding it in God's healing light, with a couple forays into special intentions for Pat, Natalie and Lynn. There were two messages in Meeting, neither of which put me in mind of what Papunehang said about Woolman's ministry when he put his hand on his own breast and said, "I love to feel where the words come from." I didn't feel it. 


Tom Coyner outside Meeting
The Friend with the long beard is a celebrity among  Korean radicals. He was Ham Sok-Hon's driver and he is leaving for Jeju this week for a six month witness against the Navy Base being built there. The base is as much an environmental issue (coral reefs) as a peace concern. In that picture the male Friend to the right was at Pendle Hill when I was in Gongju, and then lived twenty years in West Chester. He seemed glad to renew ties.

Tom Coyner said my visit was useful to him as it gave him a reason to return to Meeting and see how it was doing. One never knows how God will use what we do.


Me and Geoffrey outside Meeting.
My right leg is hurting more, both the knee and the top of the tibia and the pain in the tibia seems to be working its way down the shin. Geoffrey said it looks swollen. If it gets worse I'll ask Jon to have me see a doctor. On top of that I feel warm and my knees are weak.
KFphoto: In the hotel lobby, waiting

We come back to the hotel and hung out in the room with Geoffrey watching a movie and me sleeping. At about 3:30 he left and I went back to sleep until dinner. I found Joe Balconi and his wife Sugie. Dinner was uninspired, the meat was tough. I ate mostly salmon and chop-chae. I then registered in the lobby and came back to the room. Orientation was just that, an orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment