Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday, Day Eleven: With Geoffrey in Seoul

Jap. Embassy with police buses out front
I turned on the TV last night and found a BBC channel with Doctor Who (old episode) and watched that, then went to sleep by about 10:00. I was up with reflux at about 1:30 but not for long. I woke up at 7:45 and the police buses were still out there protecting us from the Japanese. In reality they are protecting the Japanese Embassy from Korean protestors. You can see the statue of the comfort woman at the bottom of the picture, just left of center.  

K-6 RPCVs and two wives at breakfast
Gerri (standing), Joe and Sogi Balconi
I showered, made the 9:00 wake up call to Geoffrey, and went down for breakfast. It was a western style buffet.  Having loaded up, I worked my way through the dining room looking for other K-6ers until I heard my name. Don had spotted me. We chatted and tried to catch up. I asked a waitress to take a picture. Cathy (Elliot's wife) told me where to find the washer/dryer and laundry soap (I brought my dirty clothes with me).


Me in GyeongBokGung
When Geoffrey arrived we talked some then went to lunch (breakfast for him). We had pipimbap (Bibimbap) at the place where I ate last night. From there we went to Gwanghwamun gate, passing through a small market on the way. We went through the gate and Geoffrey bought the tickets. In side we wandered around on our own. I explained a couple things to him but most was self explanatory.



Geoffrey liked the contrast of old and new

We walked back to the hotel. I was really beat. I just seem to have lost all my energy. We both took naps. 

I am really feeling lethargic today. I think I might be getting sick. My knee is tightening up on me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment